I’ll make the argument that he’s a good choice:
- He already has the middle age bloat, dark circles under his eyes, and receding hairline to look like a beaten down lifer of a cop.
- If the role requires a quick talking ne’er-do-well who skirts around the rules by using his charm but comes off as insanely sleazy, he’s got this persona down. This is usually the first archetype who gets killed.
- True Detective could become a zany rom-com about police officers who are great partners but terrible lovers.
- Yahoo paid for this season and wanted to capture the “magic” of The Internship.
- He plays a pedophile.
1) Neither Matthew McConaughey nor Woody Harrelson would have been my first choice.
Both gave the best performances I’ve ever seen from them, in anything (I haven’t seen Dallas Buyer’s Club).
2) They could cast Meryl Streep & Idris Erba and people would still say it was a disappointing season because they’re expecting it to be as awesome as something they went into with no expectations which turned out to be great.
IDRIS. ERBA. REALLY TJ???? ERBA.
Let it go, Lindsay. It’s not like it’s a really famous name, like Jersus Chist.