The laziest cyborg ever.
Jason lost his grandmother this week. We had visited her two weeks ago and knew that she was not doing well. She was so thin, and couldn’t eat much. But her spirit, wit, and sense of humour was still going strong, even though her body wasn’t.
I loved Jason’s Nana. Sure, without her, he wouldn’t exist. But it was more than that. We respected each other, her and I. We were cut from the same cloth. I completely understood why she would get her hair done before we came to visit, and why she would put on her makeup before she saw visitors. She had to look her best when she held court, just like myself.
Every time I visited, she would offer me a drink of rye, even if it was early in the day. And she would always have one too. I remember when she fell down and broke both her arms, she drank her rye with a straw, because she couldn’t pick up her glass, making jokes as she slurped her drink.
And she was so funny! Jason gets his sense of humour and wit directly from her. Along with his artistic talent and respect for women.
Thank you, Audrey, for being an amazing woman. Jason is the man he is because you were the women you were.
Last time I had to take a last minute flight was when my father died. I got the call he died when I was at work. My job was IT Coordinator for the Faculty of Graduate Studies at a university in my hometown. I had worked at the job for 7 years, and I wasn’t going anywhere.
I’m on a plane right now to go back to my hometown because my grandmother is in the ICU. Her lung collapsed and it looks like she has pneumonia. I’m now a copywriter at an advertising agency in Toronto and I was in an edit suite in Calgary when I got the call. We were looking at the footage we had shot over the past two days for a series of commercials for Toyota.
It’s funny how your life changes between the gut punches.
We’re about to take off.
I’ll make the argument that he’s a good choice:
- He already has the middle age bloat, dark circles under his eyes, and receding hairline to look like a beaten down lifer of a cop.
- If the role requires a quick talking ne’er-do-well who skirts around the rules by using his charm but comes off as insanely sleazy, he’s got this persona down. This is usually the first archetype who gets killed.
- True Detective could become a zany rom-com about police officers who are great partners but terrible lovers.
- Yahoo paid for this season and wanted to capture the “magic” of The Internship.
- He plays a pedophile.
1) Neither Matthew McConaughey nor Woody Harrelson would have been my first choice.
Both gave the best performances I’ve ever seen from them, in anything (I haven’t seen Dallas Buyer’s Club).
2) They could cast Meryl Streep & Idris Erba and people would still say it was a disappointing season because they’re expecting it to be as awesome as something they went into with no expectations which turned out to be great.
IDRIS. ERBA. REALLY TJ???? ERBA.
Let it go, Lindsay. It’s not like it’s a really famous name, like Jersus Chist.